Other Essential Chemicals
Chemicals that improve everyday life
OxyChem prides itself on the safe, reliable and efficient production of chemical products used for everything from de-icing roads to purifying water.
Certified Food Grade Products
OxyChem has supplied products for use in food applications for decades, continuously meeting the industry's highest standards for food safety based on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements and the internationally-recognized Food Chemical Codex. In compliance with the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act's (FSMA) Preventative Controls for Human Food rule, OxyChem offers several certified food grade products in addition to our offering of technical grade products.
Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) — Ludington, MI
Food Grade Anhydrous 94 - 97% Calcium Chloride Pellets (CaCl2)
LIQUIDOW™ Food Grade Calcium Chloride Solution (CaCl2)
BRINERS CHOICE™ Anhydrous Calcium Chloride Pellets
Caustic Soda Diaphragm (NaOH) — Convent, LA | Deer Park, TX | Geismar, LA | Ingleside, TX | LaPorte (Battleground), TX | Taft, LA | Wichita, KS
Food Grade Caustic Soda 50% Liquid Diaphragm (NaOH)
Caustic Soda Membrane (NaOH) — Geismar, LA | New Johnsonville, TN | Wichita, KS
Food Grade Caustic Soda 50% Liquid Membrane (NaOH)
Liquid Caustic Potash Membrane (KOH) — Taft, LA
Food Grade 45% Liquid Caustic Potash
Food Grade 50% Liquid Caustic Potash
Hydrochloric Acid (HCl) — Wichita, KS
Food Grade 20° Bé Muriatic Acid (HCl)
Food Grade 22° Bé Muriatic Acid (HCl)
Chlorinated Isocyanurates (ACL®)
ACL® chlorinated isocyanurates are leading dry sanitizers for residential swimming pools and spas, effectively eliminating germs and algae. Their disinfection properties make them an important component of dishwashing detergents and industrial water treatment products. OxyChem's chlorinated isocyanurates are also approved for routine potable water chlorination.
These products are characterized by their available chlorine content. Their different solubilities and physical forms allow for the selection of the best product for each application.
- ACL 90 PLUS is OxyChem's name for trichloroisocyanuric acid (also named trichloro-s-triazinetrione). This product contains a minimum of 90 percent available chlorine and is available in either granular or tablet form.
- ACL 60 is OxyChem's name for sodium dichloroisocyanurate (sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione) and contains a minimum of 62 percent available chlorine. It is available as a dry granular product.
- ACL 56 is OxyChem's name for sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate and contains about 56 percent available chlorine. It is available as a dry granular product.
OxyChem markets its chlorinated isocyanurate products under the following trademarks:
- ACL chlorinating compositions are effective, economical disinfectants, germicides and algicides for sanitizing swimming pools and spas. They are also used for formulation of cleaners and sanitizers.
- Towerbrom® and Towerchlor® microbicides are halogenated isocyanurate compositions for controlling biofouling in cooling waters and other industrial water treatment applications.
- ACL disinfecting granules and tablets are EPA registered and NSF/ANSI certified dry products for routine chlorination of drinking water and wastewater.
- ACL Disinfecting Compositions for Potable Water (PDF)
- ACL FAQs (PDF)
- Detergent, Bleach, Cleaner and Sanitizer Applications Handbook (PDF)
- Towerchlor Brochure (PDF)
- Towerbrom Brochure (PDF)
- ACL Chlorinated Isocyanurates - Product Details (PDF)
- Pinellas County Pool Study Report (PDF)
- Pinellas County Pool Study Report - Appendix 1 (PDF)
- Pinellas County Pool Study Report - Appendix 2 (PDF)
- Pinellas County Pool Study Report - Appendix 3 (PDF)
ACL 56 Disinfecting Granules
ACL 56 Chlorinating Composition
ACL 60 Disinfecting Granules
ACL 60 Chlorinating Composition
ACL 90T Chlorinating Tablets
ACL 90 Disinfecting Tablets
ACL 90 Disinfecting Granules
ACL 90 PLUS Chlorinating Composition
Towerbrom 60M Granules
Towerbrom 90M Tablets
Towerchlor 56 Granules
Towerchlor 90 Tablets
OxyChem is the largest North American and only U.S. producer of sodium chlorite. Manufactured in our facility in Wichita, Kansas, sodium chlorite has a variety of applications in pulp and paper, textiles, electronics, water treatment, food processing and metal finishing. OxyChem is also one of the nation's largest suppliers of sodium chlorite to service companies providing chlorine dioxide and equipment to markets in municipal water management, papermaking and other industrial markets.
Sodium chlorite is available in dry form (in drums) or as a solution (in bulk, totes or drums). Our sodium chlorite is registered as a pesticide with the U.S. EPA, meets AWWA B303-10 and is certified by NSF to comply with NSF/ANSI Standard 60 requirements.
- Chlorine Dioxide Generators (PDF)
- Chlorine Dioxide Health and Safety (PDF)
- Laboratory Preparations of Chlorine Dioxide Solutions (PDF)
- Preparing Solutions from Technical Dry Product Using Metric Units (PDF)
- Preparing Solutions from Technical Dry Product (PDF)
- Regulatory Issues Regarding Food Applications of Sodium Chlorite (PDF)
- Sodium Chlorite Health and Safety (PDF)
- Sodium Chlorite Neutralization (PDF)
- Sodium Chlorite Solution Bulk Product Storage (PDF)
- Sodium Chlorite-Materials of Construction (PDF)
EPA Registered Applications
- Bacterial Control in Oil Wells and Petroleum Systems (PDF)
- Bacterial Slime Control in Paper Mills with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
- Cooling Water Treatment with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
- Food Plant Process Water Treatment (PDF)
- Mollusk Control with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
- Poultry Process Water (PDF)
- Technical Sodium Chlorite EPA Registered for Chlorine Dioxide Generation (PDF)
- Wastewater Disinfection with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
- Amine Odor Control (PDF)
- Cyanide Destruction with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
- Hydrogen Sulfide Control in Wastewater Collection Systems (PDF)
- Sulfur Destruction (PDF)
- Scrubber Odor Control (PDF)
Process, Industrial and Wastewater Applications
- Chlorine Dioxide for Treatment of Industrial and Municipal Pollutants (PDF)
- Odor Control with Aktivox (PDF)
- Organic Odor Control with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
- Treatment of Biofilms with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
- The Treatment of Cooling Water with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
- Upgrading Tallow and Grease with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
- Certification of Water Treatment Chemicals to ANSI-NSF Standard 60 (PDF)
- Summary of CT Value Ranges for Inactivation of Various Microorganisms by Disinfectants (PDF)
- Treatment of Drinking Water with Chlorine Dioxide (PDF)
Technical Sodium Chlorite Dry
Textone® L Sodium Chlorite
Textone XL Sodium Chlorite
Textone 20 Sodium Chlorite
Textone Sodium Chlorite Dry
Technical Sodium Chlorite Solution 50
31% Active Sodium Chlorite Solution (PEST)
Technical Sodium Chlorite Solution 31.25
Technical Sodium Chlorite Solution 18.75
OxyChem produces a variety of sodium silicate products. Sodium silicate is the generic name for a series of compounds derived from soluble sodium silicate glasses. They are aqueous liquids containing sodium oxide (Na2O) and silicon dioxide (SiO2) in various ratios. By varying the proportion of SiO2 to Na2O and the solids content, one can obtain solutions with differing properties that have many diversified industrial applications. In addition to its wide range of commercial liquid sodium silicate products, OxyChem also produces sodium metasilicates in both granular anhydrous and pentahydrate forms.
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 20 Clear
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 30 Clear
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 40
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 40 Clear
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 40 Light
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 42
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 42 Heavy
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 47
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 49FG
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 50
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade 52
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade JW-25
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade JW Clear
Liquid Sodium Silicate Grade WD-43
Sodium Metasilicate Anhydrous - Special Grade S-25
Sodium Metasilicate Pentahydrate - Uniflo ® 26
OxyChem is the world's largest producer of calcium chloride, a premium salt with a variety of beneficial applications including ice control, dust suppression, road stabilization and oilfield services.
A "thirsty" chemical that draws moisture from the air, calcium chloride has been produced for more than 100 years. Calcium chloride is largely used to control snow and ice on sidewalks, parking lots and roads; to suppress dust on unpaved surfaces; and for road stabilization. In addition, its use has been extended through a variety of innovative applications, such as oilfield operations, industrial processing, agriculture, water treatment, refrigeration systems and tire weighting.
Calcium chloride brine is extracted from a naturally occurring reservoir about half a mile below ground. It is then processed, purified and manufactured as a variety of solid and liquid products with dozens of important and beneficial applications.
For more information on OxyChem calcium chloride:
Anhydrous Calcium Chloride 94 - 97% Mini-Pellets
BRINERS CHOICE™ Anhydrous Calcium Chloride Pellets
Calcium Chloride 83 - 87% Flake
Calcium Chloride 83 - 87% Granulated
Calcium Chloride Pellets 90
COMBOTHERM™ Blended Deicer
DOWFLAKE™ Xtra 83-87% Calcium Chloride Flakes
DOWFLAKE™ is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company.
Food Grade Anhydrous 94 - 97% Calcium Chloride Pellets
LIQUIDOW™ Food Grade Calcium Chloride Solution
LIQUIDOW™ Technical Grade Calcium Chloride Solution
PELADOW™ DG Calcium Chloride
PELADOW™ Premier Snow and Ice Melter Calcium Chloride
WellCal™ 11.2 ppg Clear Brine Fluid
WellCal™ 11.6 ppg Clear Brine Fluid
Armand Products Company is a joint venture between OxyChem and Church & Dwight Co., Inc. and has been a market leader in the industry since its formation in 1986. The joint venture is one of the world's largest producers of potassium carbonate and potassium bicarbonate and sells its products in the international market through the International Sales Department of OxyChem. Domestic requirements are purchased directly from Armand Products Company.
Potassium carbonate is an inorganic compound important to many industries and its use is as old as recorded history. Centuries ago in Pompeii potassium carbonate was leached from ashes and mixed with slaked lime for soap making. The increase in the use of this alkali paralleled the growth of Western civilization. Today, potassium hydroxide (caustic potash or KOH), produced through the electrolysis of potassium chloride brine, is reacted with carbon dioxide to form potassium carbonate. Potassium carbonate is used in the manufacturing of video glass and other specialty glasses, detergents and cleaners, photographic chemicals, agricultural products, gas purification, rubber additives, animal nutritional supplements, polymer catalysts, potassium bicarbonate, cement and textiles.
Anhydrous potassium carbonate can be purchased in 50-pound bags, 25-kilogram bags, drums, super sacks, bulk trucks and bulk rail car quantities. Liquid potassium carbonate is sold in drums, totes, tank trucks and tank cars. Anhydrous potassium carbonate is also sold as a milled product in quantities of 50-pound bag-in-box, drums, or super sacks.
For more information on Armand Products:
Potassium bicarbonate is produced by reacting potassium carbonate liquid with carbon dioxide, then recrystallizing it. All equipment from production to packaging is dedicated solely to potassium bicarbonate. Potassium bicarbonate is used in food, agriculture, fire extinguisher materials, nutrition supplements and hair/skin products.
OxyChem sells potassium bicarbonate in the international market through its International Sales Department. Domestic requirements may be purchased directly from Armand Products. Potassium bicarbonate is sold in quantities of 50-pound bags, 25-kilogram bags and drums.
For more information on Armand Products:
Hazard Warning and Product Disclaimer
OxyChem cares about its stakeholders and communities, so please use caution when dealing with chemicals. All chemical products may be hazardous if improperly used, handled or stored. Always ensure that you have consulted the latest Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for any chemical product before using, handling or storing a chemical product, and that you are wearing and using all appropriate safety equipment.
IMPORTANT: The information presented herein, while not guaranteed, was prepared by technical personnel and is true and accurate to the best of our knowledge. NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTY OR GUARANTY OF ANY OTHER KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS MADE REGARDING PERFORMANCE, SAFETY, SUITABILITY, STABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
This information is not intended to be all inclusive as to the manner and conditions of use, handling, storage, disposal and other factors that may involve other or additional legal, environmental, safety or performance considerations, and OxyChem and its affiliates (including, without limitation, Occidental Petroleum Corporation) assume no liability whatsoever for the use of or reliance upon this information. While our technical personnel will be happy to respond to questions, safe handling and use of the product remains the responsibility of the customer. No suggestions for use are intended as, and nothing herein shall be construed as, a recommendation to infringe any existing patents or to violate any Federal, State, local or foreign laws.