All of the members of the Audit Committee are independent, as defined in the New York Stock Exchange Listed Company Manual.
- Hires the independent auditors to audit the consolidated financial statements of Oxy and its subsidiaries
- Discusses the scope and results of the audit with the independent auditors
- Discusses Oxy's financial accounting and reporting principles and the adequacy of Oxy's internal accounting, financial and operating controls with the auditors and with management
- Reviews all reports of internal audits submitted to the Audit Committee and management's actions with respect thereto
- Reviews the appointment of the senior internal auditing executive
- Oversees all matters relating to Oxy's Code of Business Conduct (PDF) compliance program
Download the Audit Committee Charter (PDF) for a complete description.