ACL® Chlorinated Isocyanurates
Chlorinated isocyanurates are leading dry sanitizers for residential swimming pools and spas, effectively eliminating germs and algae. Their disinfection properties make them an important component of dishwashing detergents and industrial water treatment products. OxyChem's chlorinated isocyanurates are also approved for routine potable water chlorination.
These products are characterized by their available chlorine content. Their different solubilities and physical forms allow for the selection of the best product for each application.
- ACL 90 PLUS is OxyChem's name for trichloroisocyanuric acid (also named trichloro-s-triazinetrione). This product contains a minimum of 90 percent available chlorine and is available in either granular or tablet form.
- ACL 60® is OxyChem's name for sodium dichloroisocyanurate (sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione) and contains a minimum of 62 percent available chlorine. It is available as a dry granular product.
- ACL 56 is OxyChem's name for sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate and contains about 56 percent available chlorine. It is available as a dry granular product.
OxyChem markets its chlorinated isocyanurate products under the following trademarks:
- ACL chlorinating compositions are effective, economical disinfectants, germicides and algicides for sanitizing swimming pools and spas. They are also used for formulation of cleaners and sanitizers.
- Towerbrom® and Towerchlor® microbicides are halogenated isocyanurate compositions for controlling biofouling in cooling waters and other industrial water treatment applications.
- ACL disinfecting granules and tablets are EPA registered and NSF/ANSI certified dry products for routine chlorination of drinking water and wastewater.
OxyChem is the largest North American producer of sodium chlorite. Manufactured in our facility in Wichita, Kansas, sodium chlorite has a variety of applications in pulp and paper, textiles, electronics, water treatment, food processing and metal finishing. OxyChem is also one of the nation's largest suppliers of sodium chlorite to service companies providing chlorine dioxide and equipment to markets in municipal water management, papermaking and other industrial markets.
Sodium chlorite is available in dry form (in drums) or as a solution (in bulk, totes or drums). Our sodium chlorite is registered as a pesticide with the U.S. EPA, meets AWWA B3030-88, and is certified by NSF to comply with NSF/ANSI Standard 60 requirements.
EPA Registered Applications
Process, Industrial and Wastewater Applications
Hazard Warning and Product Disclaimer
All chemicals products may be hazardous if improperly used, handled or stored. Always ensure that you have consulted the latest Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for any chemical product before using, handling or storing a chemical product, and that you are wearing and using all appropriate safety equipment.
IMPORTANT: The information presented herein, while not guaranteed, was prepared by technical personnel and is true and accurate to the best of our knowledge. NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTY OR GUARANTY OF ANY OTHER KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS MADE REGARDING PERFORMANCE, SAFETY, SUITABILITY, STABILITY OR OTHERWISE. This information is not intended to be all inclusive as to the manner and conditions of use, handling, storage, disposal and other factors that may involve other or additional legal, environmental, safety or performance considerations, and OxyChem and its affiliates (including, without limitation, Occidental Petroleum Corporation) assume no liability whatsoever for the use of or reliance upon this information. While our technical personnel will be happy to respond to questions, safe handling and use of the product remains the responsibility of the customer. No suggestions for use are intended as, and nothing herein shall be construed as, a recommendation to infringe any existing patents or to violate any Federal, State, local or foreign laws.